Before meeting me, my clients have (Parks and Rec) *literally* tried everything to get what they wanted - personally, professionally, in their business - and it's never worked. Maybe you have, too.
- Taken vacations once a year to “get some rest” (only to wind up working anyway)
- Bought planners you stare at and never use, or start to use, then lose (magically - as if it never existed!)
- Gone to therapy (some, multiple times), but are missing that spark, that focus (and you take a breath when your therapist asks “and how does that make you feel?”)
- Thought deeply about taking a leave of absence, only to be so stressed about what wouldn’t get done at work that the thought of having to train someone else stopped you dead in your tracks, so you never take the time off
- Set boundaries (which work for a month or so before it gets all fucked up again)
- Job searched for ages, never finding the job you wanted. Or, if you got interviewed, you didn’t get the job. Or worse, if you did get the job - you hated the NEW job (hello, common denominator)
- Tried career coaches but got nowhere, being told to “just take any job” (gross) or to stop trying to start a business and “go get a job already” (double gross)
- Thought about starting your own business, but have no idea how to do that, what you want to do, and are afraid to leave the “security” of the j.o.b. (btw, not really secure)
- Watched webinar after webinar, hoping for the magic formula, only to wind up with 1,238 emails of people trying to sell you something (we don’t do that here)
- Taken meds for anxiety, depression, high blood pressure and more - none of which truly work
- Tried to start yoga and meditation, but the stress is still there in the moment, lingering on the back burner, creeping in, so it’s never truly restorative ...
And honestly, that's just the tip of the iceberg. My clients have tried more than I can list here, and I am sure you have, too.