Maybe you're being drawn to me like a magnetic force, or you were sent by someone who knows first-hand the magic we can create together.
Whatever it is, I want you to know that I get it. I know what it's like to be a lawyer, spending so much time fighting with others, never feeling like I can leave the office, having WAY too much on my plate and yes, even that billable hour.
I know that deep down inside:
- You want to stop spinning your wheels at work, constantly jumping at everyone’s beck and call - judges, managing partners, clients, expert witnesses - always feeling like you’re the last one on the list to be taken care of (and even then, only if you're on the list)
- You want security and safety in your life (hello, swapping your life for their money), but are afraid to leave that "good paying job" to disrupt the status quo
- You procrastinate doing anything about your professional life, because you convinced yourself "firm comes first"
- You want a happy, healthy life, where you get to take real vacations, not work on weekends, go home at a reasonable time, and yes, get a full night’s rest
- And, yes, yes, you want to actually jump out of bed in the morning, eager to get your lawyer day started (this is a possibility, I swear, Scouts honor!)
I want all of this (and so much more) for you.
And that’s exactly what I'm here to help you do.
And, maybe you think "there’s no way practicing law is going to change!" You’re right: the tasks of being a lawyer will not change.
YOU, however, YOU can change. And YOU can change how you act/react/respond. And only then will your lawyer life change. And when you do, it will change forever.
And when you change your lawyer life, you are a good role model to help another lawyer change theirs.
Together, we can change our profession.
So, yeah. I might be a social worker, but this isn't therapy.
We'll spend our time together focusing on solutions, tasks, goals and working on getting you what you want.
Coaching with me means consistent work, clear progress and concrete tasks to move you forward, and if you don't want it, none of that inspirational mushy stuff, either.
It means a joyful time together, where we laugh and have a good time.
We'll be serious when we need to be, of course, but we'll also have fun in the process.